The overall aim of the CLT is actively to support a confident, thriving and forward-looking community in Langton Matravers by identifying and responding to local opportunities and challenges. We consider that this can only be achieved by strengthening the sustainability of the community as a whole.
The specific objectives are to:
- provide genuinely affordable housing for those with a strong local connection.
- develop social, recreational and business facilities in response to local initiatives
We believe in the following basic values:
- A strong sense of local identity
- Fairness and honesty
- Sustainable and balanced development
- Conserving the environment
Our aims, objectives and motivations as a body are accurately reflected in a document published by Wessex CLT Assets, based on research conducted in three Southwestern counties under the title “The motivations and aspirations of Community Land Trust volunteers in Somerset, Dorset and Devon